From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2014 11:49:41 -0700
It doesn't matter if you power down the supply first, I do that all the
time.  The one in my car restarts itself everytime the engine is
started.  You can just write the new frequency over the old memory,
don't have to delete anything.  Make sure it says 144 whatever.  press
the tone button, third from the left along the bottom until you get a
low beep.  Open the squelch, counter clock wise and turn up the volume
to see if you get squelch noise.  That is the first test I'd try.  You
could also press the wx button and it should scscan and pick up weather
channels in your area.
Good luck.
73
Butch