From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2014 15:13:22 -0400
Using just the whip on my Eton E1, I heard a number of 10 meter beacons in the midwest about noon today and the CBers were working both am and ssb dx, but almost no traffic on 10. The band was open at least to the midwest from west central Florida but I only heard a few non-beacon stations.

We need to take a page from the CB book, get on the band, make noise. I think we either check the spotter reports or just listen for a moment and decjde the bands are dead, instead of calling for 5 or 10 minutes.

Just my opinmon, of course.

73

Ron Miller