From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2014 18:57:29 -0400
I agree also. In fact, it's funny how hams insist on calling it 11 meters. It's as if we can't bring tourselves to call it CB rdio, or even Citizen's Band (nobody really says that anymore anyway, right?). Nope, it's 11 meters, or "the chicken band," or worse. A lot of hams seem to think they're all CB'ers because they can't become hams, I knew a lot of CB'ERS who were happy on CB and didn't Want to be a ham. They thought of us as stuck up, ops who thought they were too good for the rest of the radio ops out there. They also would tell me they listened on 10 Meters sometimes and thought what they heard was boring.

I'm not a big CB fan, having left it behind after getting my ham license but I'm happy to welcome any new ham who got their start in cb radio and is still active on it. Same goes for FRIENDS, marine radio, GMRS, MUFFS, etc. etc. etc.

73

Ron Miller
N6MSA
Handle: "Apollo 1"