From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2014 12:57:06 -0700
You'll get a lot of comments on this.  Many like switchers.  I
personOally prefer the old analog transformer supplies.  Many swichers
are clean, some are not and put out spurious birdies in the ham bands.
Some have a fan that runs continiously such as in my mfj switcher.  I
tend to leave my rigs and supplies run 24 seven, so I see no need for a
fan running, they shoould have put some kind of temperature control.
I've got a couple Astron 70 amp standard supplies which i run a 2 meter
and an hf amp on.  Very heavy, but my preference.  Also, I know how to
repair standard regulated supplies, switchers are magic!!
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148