Date:
Mon, 19 May 2014 17:02:36 -0400
Around that time period, I had  a Drake Tr-22C.  I think it had twelve
channels.  The older Drake Tr-22 had six if memory serves.

I used to carry that around campus and talk to guys while I was walking
between classes.  The only bad thing with that was the joints on the
telescopic whip got loose, probably if I hit the top on a low-hanging
branch.  Eventually, it would make quite a bad crackling noise when the rig
got jostled about.

A friend of mine built a docking station for me that had a JLB synthesizer,
a 30-watt brick, a larger speaker and a supply to run everything.  I used
that in the dorm room with a Ringo ranger outside my window mounted on a
ventillation vent to work repeaters from up to 60 miles away.

I do remember a lot of other hams who had the Regencies as mobile rigs
though.

Steve, K8SP