From:
David Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2013 19:47:02 -0500
Hi y’all:

I use a “Jitterbug” cell phone.  It’s very basic(doesn’t do a lot of thingslike text), but does provide reliable communication.  It has a clam-shell design, and has a voice-dial feature  which is the method   that I use to make calls.

I’ve marked two buttons with cut-down bump dots(power, and menu).To make a call, I open the phone, turn power on(you hear music when it’s on, and then the dial tone  ), and then push the menu button once to place myself in voice dial mode,  It then asks me to “say the name”, which I do, and then repeats the name to confirm to which you answer yes, or no.  If you say “yes”, it places the call.  I only use it about once/day, and just spoke with my 101-year-old grandmother who lives in Atlantic Canada.

It came with 2 chargers(regular ac outlet, and car charger which I’ve never used.  To end call, you simply close the case.  The”Jitterbug” company will even manage your phonebook for you(add names/numbers).  I believe that mine is its second generation, and I don’t remember how much it costs,but the monthly bill is around $35 with 200 minutes which rolls the unused time into the following month.  The only “extra which I’ve purchased is a leather carrying case(velcro closure.

I’m not a sales-rep, or cell-phone junkie, but this phone has given me reliable, easy-to- usephone capability without bells, or whistles.  I only need to re-charge it once/week(your mileage may vary of course,  depending on use).

The only negative thing that I can say is that their customer service reps always try to interest you in some add’l feature(such as voice-mail), which I’m not interested in, so never purchase.  Just my 2 cents to contribute to the cell-phone discussion.

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson-wa4dsp