From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2013 20:08:12 -0700
The control boxes for the Yaesu rotors have a round glass front cover that
simply comes off when you turn it counter clockwise just a few degrees.
With the cover off, you can touch the needle and easily determine where the
antenna is pointing.  Yaesu makes a number of different rotors, with various
amounts of torque and load capacity.  I can't remember what the model
numbers are for their smaller units, but I have had very good luck with the
G1000 and G2800.  I am using the G2800 right now to turn my big SteppIr DB36
that has a 36 foot long boom, and max element length of 49 feet.  It weighs
about 200 pounds, but the full weight is supported by a pair of large thrust
bearings.  The Green Heron rotor control box is also a good choice, and it
works with rotors of different manufacturers.

HTH

KD7GC

.

Alan R. Downing