From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2013 22:09:22 -0600
I suspect he was thinking cheap and easy lol.
a ten element 2M beam probably weighs 5lbs with a wind load of less than 1
sq ft.
Use one small thrust bearing on a piece of push up, with the rotator at the
bottom, and it might turn a bit slower, but it'll do the job nicely with a
small TV antenna rotator.
The trick with the needle on the control box is a good one...though isn't it
kind of easy to knock it out of whack?

I've got one of those sitting downstairs that needs new caps or something.
Then again, it might work fine.  The old fella had it up for over 30 years
and said it wasn't working quite right.  When we took everything down, the
connecters for the rotator cable and the terminals on the rotator itself
were very very badly corroded.
So I've got the 48FT medium duty tower, the 4 element cushcraft a4s and ham
IV rotator and no where to put it all up haha.
73
Colin, VA6bkx