From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2013 07:20:59 -0400
Idiom Press makes a controller for the Ham-M-style rotor control box.  It
adds brake delay, and changes the function of the small meteer calibration
knob to that of a directional control.  You turn the knob to the desired
direction, then tap the center lever, which initially was only for the
brake.  You can also turn the rotor in the conventional way, holding down
the center and right or left levers to turn clockwise or counter-clockwise.
This controller board can also have an RS232 interface added to it, and I
use this, through a USB-to-serial converter, to set and indicate direction
in the N1MM rotor program.  At my station this is controlling a TailTwister
T2X which turns the KT34XA six-element triband beam.  It is probably still
possible to derive a DC or pulsating DC voltage from the potentiometer in
most rotors, in order to determine direction with a DC voltmeter, properly
scaled.