From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 19:43:07 -0500
Reading through your ears is an adjustment, but it can be done.  Their is no
way that you can read with your ears nearly as fast as many people do with
their eyes.  With all of the options from bookshare to Reading Alli, to
BARD, to News Line, their is more available material than anybody can read
in a lifetime, if that's all they do.  It seems today that very few people
get a book from a library or buy it, bring it home and scan it by hand.
That was the most magical thing you could do with a computer, not so long
ago.  I remember the day I got my first book as a Father's day pressent.  I
could scan and read and keep it!!!  It is still magic to turn invisible
print in to understandable speech.
True confession, how many of you like me hord books on your hard drives?  I
think its like people who lived through the depression hording stuff.  They
went with out and never want to do so again.
On another topic, I am amazed at how many of us have shaken hands with high
DC voltage and live to tell the tale.
Mine was the plate caps on the 807's in the globe chief.  Ten feet away from
the radio table, felt like a sledge hammer.