From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:55:50 -0600
the batteries for cordless tools have gotten so much better and cheaper the
last few years that I find I can get away with cordless tools for most jobs,
even the heavy duty stuff that requires allot of tork, or cutting or
whatever.
A 200 dollar cordless drill with a pair of batteries will last you all day
and then some with constant heavy use...they are amazing.
The really cheap 40 dollar ones aren't that great I agree, but if you spend
a bit more and get contracter grade stuff, it'll last a long time and will
work really well...even better than the less expensive corded tools.
IE, don't buy your cordless tools at wallmart...black and decker ain't one
of the quality brands lol.
Bosh, milwaki, riobi just to name a few of the better ones.
And you get one brand and batteries will fit multiple tools which is great.
Anyway, your right though, corded tools can be more reliable if one doesn't
have the means to get the high end cordless stuff.

73
Colin, V A6BKX