From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:49:11 -0400
Hello, folks.

In addition to the alternatives I already have discussed, I'm considering
the possibility of putting up the 102-foot G5RV that I have out at the camp
site for HF operation.

There is a tree right in back of my RV that I could use as the centerpoint
for the antenna, and then it would be a matter of figuring out where to tie
off the ends.  Right now, that is a bit of a puzzler, since there are no
nearby trees in the needed end locations.

The other thing, of course, is that I will have to get permission of the
camp site manager to string the antenna where it needs to go.  Although we
have been on friendly terms with this guy for the last 8 years, and even
though he is aware of my ham radio activities, I can't guarantee that he
will give his consent to this possibility.

One issue too that I need to address is RFI and TVI.  As you can imagine,
the camp sites are pretty close, and many of the campers have normal TV's
with normal TV antennas.

What do you guys know about the G5RV's potential for TVI and RFI, and if
this is likely, what is the easiest and cheapest way to deal with it?

I will be using no more than 100 watts out at the RV, with my TS480.

Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ