From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:05:59 -0400

I opted to write to corporate.  Wasn't going to bother. Spent years writing and visiting businesses to educate them.  Now, I usually leave it to the organizations and their own drive to be competitive...unlike the old days, when there was no awareness.  I took the approach of offering them help (or contacts with organizations), if they wanted to come up with a menu.  Here's the response.  Lin

Dear Ms. Goldkrantz,
Thank you for your comments. We have been accomodating people with gluten alleries for many years  now. We do not have a specific gluten free menu because we use flour actively while preparing other menu items to order. We feel that any percentage of airborne flour particles present, however minute, negate the possibility of a truly 100% gluten free environment. Other concepts have the exact same issue but simply choose not to disclose that information. We have never listed gluten-free items on our menu. Instead, we prefer to discuss these issues individually. For example, in our scratch kitchens it has always been very easy for us to simply grill any protein and steam some vegetables upon request. This individual attention allows us to ensure that we take extra precautions against cross-contamination or mistakes.
Perhaps you saw a gluten free menu on another website. There are other entities called Champs with 1 "p."
In any event, I'm sorry that we didn't relay this information effectively when you arrived and I'll have a gift card sent to the address that you provided.
Sincerely,
Stan Ryback
Regional Manager
Champps