From:
Mike Cozzolino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2012 03:41:27 -0700
ok jim, there is a web site hampod.com and if you send a e-mail to
[log in to unmask] and ask about the talking power meter i am sure that
rob will give you all the info you need.  the ldg unit is not very
accurate, i had one and they claimed that it would handle a kw on 6
meters so i ran 1 kw through it and it went up in smoke.  when i
contacted the company, the guys wife was very nice but the guy was a
real jerk.  he told me that it would not handle a kw on 6 meters so i
asked him why they advertised that it would and his answer was that
they really didn't expect anyone to run a kw through it on 6
meters.  i thought that was a pretty poor excuse.  i found that the
ldg was only accurate around its mid frequency range and as you move
away in either direction that it lost its accuracy.  anyway jim, talk
to rob and get the scoop on the talking wattmeter.  take care, c u 73 mike