From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2012 07:51:37 -0700
Hi listers, I live in the San Francisco bay area and have had a
Sony HD radio for several years.  My sense is that HD has not
grown like it was expected too.  Maybe this is just the SF
market, at any rate, when you do get a good HD signal, it is very
impressive.  We had a strong classical station but where I live I
would get a lot of multi-path.  When the HD kicks in, the
multi-path would just go away and the sound would get just like
listening to a CD.  Otherwise, the HD channels are just a lot of
hip hop and old rock and roll, fine if that's your taste in
music.  The AM news station KCBS comes in great and the HD takes
out all the noise, and greatly enhances  the voice quality.  When
I first got the radio I tuned in KNX Am from La which can easily
be heard at night.  I quickly found that you need a very strong
signal to pick up HD and HD AM   DX doesn't seem to work out.
Would like to hear other folks experiences with this.   Jim
WA6EKS