From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:08:06 -0500
    Harvey and all:

I take the dual approach to watches in my personal and professional life.

In support of what Harvey says, I use a talking watch as much as possible in
normal everyday settings, since as was stated, the catches often wear out on
Braille watches and they are more difficult to get repaired than they used
to be.

However, in support of Ron's concern, I use a Braille watch in my classes,
in meetings, and in other quiet settings where I don't want to draw
attention to the fact that I'm checking the time.  This way, I can use a
Braille watch when needed, but at the same time, I'm hopefully extending the
life of the Braille watch by not using it as my only time piece.

So, there are my two cents worth for whatever value that is.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ