From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2012 08:18:10 -0600
Not to my knowledge Howard.  The Elmac products were designed
primarily for mobile use - no power supply and rather small by the
then current standards.  There was an Elmac AF54, AF67 and AF68,
PMR6, PMR7 and I believe PMR8 receivers.  They ran fifty watts - A M,
F M and C W.  There were two power supplies, one 110v only and
another, 6 and 12 volt D C  and 110v A C.  That was a vibrator power
supply; two 250 volt supplies with their output in series.  The AF67
had an unusual band switch.  It was horizantal, a lever, which drove
a chain inside the rig which operated a number of wafer switches to
change bands.
Gonset made the G66 and G77, receiver and transmitter.  They were
slim and very stylish, I believe.  The mosulator/power supply was
separate and meant to be mounted elsewhere in the car.  Ran 80
through ten meters A M and C W.  Morrow made a transmitter and
receiveer but I never had the chance to handle them.  Even E F
Johnson made a mobile transmitter which I handled at Allied Radio in
Chicago but never heard on the air.  And there was a Pierson KE93
receiver, which was the best of the lot but pretty pricy so never
made a lot of inroads.
I was part of a bunch of guys who were pretty interested in 160 meter
mobile and that's where I got my mobile rig education!!  For a guy
who never drove!!
Sorry I got so windy.  But as the song goes, "those were the days my friend"!!