From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:13:18 -0500
I never got started with N3FJP's programs, but they have a good reputation
on this listserv.  I'm sure you can go a long way with those programs.

N1MM has a contest called "DX" which I use for general logging.  Ham Radio
Deluxe has a logging program, also, but I never got that to work with
Window-Eyes.

My main customizations so far with N1MM are to define actions for the Tab,
shift-Tab and Spacebar keys.  Like many other programs, the spacebar moves
you between the callsign field and the most frequently changed field.  N1MM
does a pretty good job of filling in the zones for CQWW QSO's, so when I was
running Europeans I would get into a routine of sending a CQ or a TU DE
W3IUU, sending the guy's call on my keyer, hitting another button for 599
T5, typing the callsign into the computer and hitting Enter.  This time I
was using my speaker instead of headphones, so I could hear the computer
more clearly.  I know that there are better ways of doing these things, but
that's my methodology at the moment.

And I heard Mike, W6QUV, a couple of times in this contest.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls