From:
Joyce Mandell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joyce Mandell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2012 11:51:21 -0400

I want to thank all the list serve mates who responded about my inquiry
to rye grass.

Here is another gardening "safety" question:

We want to put compost in our veggie garden and wanted to know if it is
safe to use bagged compost when compost is sometimes made with hay
(possibly gluten containing) and other bedding.  I called up the local
farm where we used to get compost and they make theirs with manure, hay
and bedding.  They use rye for a cover crop but say they do not use that
field for the compost. I'm imagining it is the same for all bagged
compost out there, potentially made with gluten containing ingredients.

Any thoughts about the safety of using bagged compost in the veggie
garden?  Love this list serve.  I will summarize.

Thanks.

Joyce