From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2011 00:52:03 -0400
Hi Tom,

Though I have two windows 7 computers at my qth, I'm still using my old xp
computer most of the time.  I do like windows 7, but the one reason that I
don't use it all of the time is that I just don't like the way windows live
mail works.  Windows 7, however, is a muchmore secure, robust system that
handles memory and multiple windows much better than xp ever did.

I still haven't figured out how to set a default sound card in windows 7,
but I'm working on it.

It won't help to switch to the serial port on the back of the ts590 as my
steppir is hooked up using the serial port and I can't use the usb port
unless I unplug the steppir's interface first.

I don't think that you can run the arcp590 and the logging software at the
same time as the radio could get confused over command strings.  I think
your biggest problem is that windows 7 is seeing the ts590 as a sound device
and that is what is causing your problems with sound files.

73

Bob Tinney, K8LR, [log in to unmask]
Skype, bobtinn
We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way
through Congress!