From:
richard fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:02:40 -0500
Hi;
I would fix the r7 or beter yet get an r8.  I really loved my r8.  True no 80 meters but 40 meters has a much beter swr.  The thing is the thing just wouldn't stay up.  Something like a dxcc or dxdd would work but you need arount 85 feet or so and your landlord has to go along with a wire up there.  How did you mount the r7?   Were you able to put a tripod on the roof?
Richard