From:
richard fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 20:43:28 -0500
Hi;
Was this self supporting or did you need some ropes to hold things up.  I think that although you will find verticals that work on 80 meters their performance on that band is less than astounding.  If you could get an r8 or a gap titon on that pipe you should have reasonable success.  No personal experience with the gap but the cushcraft is generally resinant if assembled using the dimentions in the manual.   The only band that was at all fussy was 40 meters.  How did you get the thing up on that pipe?  I had a five foot tripod and local hams had a tough time getting it vertical and up on the tripod.
I will be interested in what you eventually decide on.
Richard