From:
Mike Cozzolino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:40:02 -0700
hello richard, to answer your question about the k3 and computers,
the answer is absolutely.  i don't have to be tied to a computer, so
i would never buy a radio that needed a computer to make it work.  i
have been using a k3 for 2 and a half years, and i only hook it to
the computer when they have new updated firmware for it.  i have a
stand-alone box that sits on top of the k3 that gives me speech
output for frequency read out and mike settings processor settings
power output so i don't over drive my amplifier and also whether i am
in split mode or not.  makes my operating the radio very easy.  take
care, c u mike w6quv