From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2011 11:04:30 -0400
Hi,

About two months ago, my Dell xp computer started crashing unpredictably.
It had nothing to do with screen reading software, but it was very annoying
to have my computer crash 2 or 3 times a week for no reason.  I was talking
with another amateur radio operator the other day who said that he thought
it might be internet explorer that was causing the problem, but that was
just a hunch.

So, three days ago, I uninstalled internet explorer 8 and rolled back to i
e7.  After rebooting, I reinstalled IE8 and I haven't had a crash since.  My
old computer also seems to be a little faster.

Why the crashing started and why these actions fixed the problem, I don't
know.  But uninstalling and reinstalling IE8 seems to have solved my
occasional crashing problem.

Bob Tinney, K8LR, [log in to unmask]
Skype, bobtinn
We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way
through Congress!