From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2011 20:55:06 -0600
the mike plugs in to the unit, not the face plate.
You can use regular Cat5 network cable I believe between the radio and the
microphone as an extention chord.
I can't remember if the kenwood mikes are 6 pin or 8 pin.  If they are six,
you can get six pin telephone cable with the right sized jacks on each end
(RJ12?), and then a female to female adapter to plug the mike chord into up
front.
Any electronics or computer/phone store should have the right cable and
adapter for you if it is 6 pin.
Allot cheaper than buying the kenwood mike extention cable.
If it's 8 pin, a simple piece of cat5 straight through network cable with
RJ45's on each end and a lesbian adapter on the mike end will work.
Probably 15 bucks all told for either the six pin or 8 pin cable, instead of
the 60 something kenwood wants.
I believe the v71 also now uses RJ45's or RJ12 jacks for the separation
cable, so again, cheaper to go with your local electronics store than buying
kenwoods hugely over priced cable.
I assume the V71 control head is the same as the 710?  I'm bassing my
observations and info off the 710 that a friend has in his car.

73
Colin, V A6BS