From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:13:16 -0400
Hi,

I own a Steppir 3 element beam with the 40 meter dipole installed.  The
controller box is not useable by itself, but I have interfaced the control
box to my TS2000 and my TS590 and the Steppir follows my tranceiver's
frequency perfectly.  The beam covers from 20 through 6 meters and works as
a dipole on 30 and 40 meters.  I also have a passive 6 meter element
installed so that on six meters, it becomes a four element beam.

Last winter, I had some high swrs when the antenna was covered with ice, but
other locals were having the same trouble with standard beams and I could
still transmit using a tuner to bring down the swr until the ice melted off.

I highly recommend the Steppir antennas!  It has sure worked for me!

73

Bob Tinney, K8LR, [log in to unmask]
Skype, bobtinn
We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way
through Congress!