From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:08:51 -0600
well, we've been having a very wet summer here so far.
We're on the prairies, where it is supposed to be somewhat damp in May and
June, then hot and dusty for July and august.
We've had so much rain here.  I have never seen this much rain since I've
been here; 11 years.  Old timers say they have never seen it rain this much
in one year, let alone over the space of two or three months.
We haven't yet hit a day time high of 30C which usually happens by the end
of the first week in July.
Global warming? not here lol.
Last winter was long, and had more days below minus 15C than any winter for
something like 40 years.  We had a record snow fall last winter as well.
We've got record mosquito populations as well...again, more already this
season than anything on record for this region.
That is mostly to do with the rain and standing water.  So, it's been rainy,
less than hot, and one cannot go outdoors without liberally coating oneself
with mosquito repellent.  And, it seems as though the little buggers have
mutated to the point where the stuff attracts them instead of repelling
them.
So send some of that Oklahoma heat up this way.

6M has opened occasionally acording to a couple guys I've talked to.  also,
10M has had some nice openings into south america and Europe.

I worked the republic of Jorja, 9A7R on tuesday evening on 20M as well as
P43E in aruba.

We seem to get very good paths on 20 into south america as well this time of
year.

73
Colin, V A6BS