From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2011 06:51:46 -0500
> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paleo Phil

> I would search for what worked for other ketogenic dieters. I found
> this:
>
> The typical ketogenic diet, called the "long-chain triglyceride diet,"
> provides 3 to 4 grams of fat for every 1 gram of carbohydrate and
> protein.
> http://www.carsonharrisfoundation.org/ketogenic_diet_long_chain_triglyc
> eride_diet_ketogenic_diet.php
>
> I would also search on what caused other people's hunger on ketogenic
> diets.

I have not met anybody here, on ZIOH, or on the GAPS Yahoo group that is
constantly hungry. On GAPS most people are hungry when they first start, as
part of die off, but then it goes away. I was hungry every single day during
my 21-day fast last year at the clinic in Germany which is not normal
either. Any time I fasted before then my hunger would always go away after 2
to 4 days. This is why fasting at home has become so hard for me. Having
cravings while fasting is one thing, being hungry all day every day makes it
more challenging - at least for me.

Fat is supposed to be satiating but it's not to me. I have gone back to
counting calories which I don't like. It makes no sense but if I don't I
will overeat. I have tried to eat to hunger while counting what I was
consuming. At around 4,000 calories I was still hungry but I was in pain
because my abdomen was so distended. It's distended every day and
uncomfortably so, but with that many calories, or rather with that much
food, there was physical pain.

Also, at the clinic last year after 5 days of fasting on broth and water and
daily colonics, my abdomen went from 6 months pregnant looking to flat
overnight. That day I had nothing but tea and water and it stayed flat. The
next day I tried a cup of clear vegetable broth and within an hour I was
back to looking pregnant. So even clear broth - any food really and any
amount - will cause the abdominal distention. Right now I look about 3
months pregnant when I get up, and about 5 to 6 months pregnant after I eat.
It's a lot of gas built up and not going anywhere so it feels like pressure
from the inside and it's very unpleasant. I started eating two meals only
because of it (lunch and dinner) because once I eat all I want to do is lean
back on the couch because even sitting up straight is uncomfortable.
Apparently there is something called "Bell's palsy of the gut". I am not
sure if that might be the cause.

Kristina