From:
Michelle Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michelle Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:45:03 -0500

I was diagnosed with Celiac one year ago and have been gluten-free since.  About 3 months ago my doctor prescribed Pristiq for postpardum and over the last month I noticed many of my symptoms returning.  I was very confused and concerned wondering why this was happening - turns out Pristiq contains gluten.  My doctors and pharmacy know I have celiac yet it is my responsibility to know whether or not my prescribed medications contain gluten.  All I did was search the web to find out if any of my meds had gluten (lesson learned will do that before taking any new medications from now on!)  The purpose of this email is to let you know according to the website Prestiq contains gluten.  It is also to vent for a moment on how wrong it is that our health system relies on the patient to properly prescribe medications.  Very upset!