VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2011 11:56:27 -0400
Hello Lisa:

Not that you are aware of the problem that is going to help you a lot.

What is scary is you are doing the right things; making sure your website is
secure with the https along with using a credit card.  With a credit card
one can dispute the transaction with the credit card company.  Do not ever
use a debit card during an online transaction. You will not be able to argue
with the bank over the transaction.

Try not to be too adventuress in choosing your websites. Try and stay with
what you know to be a brand name site.  My neighbor bought from an EBay
store and got burnt twice from two different stores... the neighbor got
their money back but it took time and frustration.

Analyze what went wrong with your transaction. Did someone else get your
credit card info? Contact the store to let them know what happened.