VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dorene Cornwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:55:30 -0500
Today I am using IE 8 and JAWS 11 and separately dealing with something
to do with JAWS losing focus so I do not want to add another test
myself. But here is a start to see if what is needed as far as Java is
enabled and up to date.

On the Tools menu, Alt T,
  Arrow down to Internet Options (up arrow once because it's actually at
the bottom of the list_
 Ctrl Tab 4 times I think to get to the Programs Page
 Tab 3 times to Set program options and press Enter
   There is a link for Programs and Features.  It's a list and J took my
straight to what happens with Java on this system but I need to stop
there.

Maybe it's because I have given the universe so much tech support
myself, but I have a pretty short fuse when it's clear to me that users
have tried everything that would be reasonable and the site still does
not work. I would worry that a site that has something really basic
inaccessible might not make contact info for tech support accessible
either, but I would suggest giving them a try.

Anyway, now I am curious so if someone does contact tech support I
would be interested to hear about the results. There is also always the
option of ranting specifically about this in my blog.

DoreneC