From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2010 12:18:24 -0400
Michael,

Don't get bent out of shape over one non-QSO.    You seem to be  getting
things set up fine.  Sure maybe he didn't hear you or just doesn't like
  Canadians, but keep trying.

Here are a few things for what it's worth:  Be sure your RIT and XIT are
off on the radio.   It's up to the software to make sure that you are
transmitting on the freq that you are copying signals on.

I think you are running the Signal Link USB which has a built in sound
card.   I assume you told Digipan to use the SL as the receive sound
card, but be sure that it is also set as the transmit device.    I think
the default  for the SL is to be at 100 percent in the windows volume
control and then adjustment is made with the front panel knobs.   Some
software monkeys around with the settings, so in the Digipan menu, go to
sound card output level and be sure it  is set to 100 percent, then  use
the output level knob on the sl to get it where you want.

A lot of guys only run 20 watts to avoid distortion that causes
problems. There are recommendations to set rig power at 100 wats and
limit out put with sound card drive.   Kind of like running a ssb rig at
100 watts, but whispering into the mic.

Sorry I can't be of more specific help, but my hat is off to you as you
seem to be 99 percent there.

Good luck, Steve KW3A