From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:13:55 -0600
You know how a weak FM signal will be stronger in a certain place or
places around your house.
There is one of those 100 watt LPFM stations in town. Sometimes, there
are programs on it that I would like to hear.
The station has a good signal in the car, and on the screen porch, but
is unreadable in most of the house due to multi-path and various micro
processor
noises, including a very strong one from the coffee pot.
This morning, I walked through the house with a portable radio just to
see if I could find a place where I could hear this station.
And, Eureka! I found it!
The signal is totally quiet with the radio sitting on the floor behind
the toilet in the main bathroom.
Upon learning of this important and somewhat amazing discovery, my
wife responded with what has become one of her standard statements,
which is usually
punctuated by numerous shakes of the head:
"You ain't right, Duke."

Mike Duke, K5XU