From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2010 13:59:20 -0400
Based on my experience with netgear it probably is ready to fail, that's
about all I ever got out of anything of theirs was 2 or 3 months. Routers
are like that, some just don't last at all, brand doesn't seem to have a lot
to do with it, there's a couple linksys and d-link models that are the best
out there right now for home use, and a couple others same companies which
are junk out of the box. Anyway, that is a DNS issue very likely you're
having and every time I've ever had that issue it's been the cable modem or
router, usually router, failing but it has been the cable modem a few times.
That's why I just changed my router recently though is the same problem and
I haven't had it once in the month plus on the new router, and that's what
got me a couple times before and my mother with a brand new router just
after moving 2 months ago we returned that one for something better. If you
can access the diagnostic screen for your cable modem or whatever you have,
usually 192.168.100.1 and watch some of the status settings, you can
sometimes see if it'[s the cable modem, assuming that's what you have, or
the line coming in the house or whatever.