From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 00:44:29 -0800
Hi Robin,
I just offered a one day sample menu. Sometimes I just eat bacon. Sometimes
I have sausages. Some days I eat a cut of meat. Some days I have a cut of
fatty meat, being sure to eat all the fat, even from the saucepan.

I doubt that you will want to eat much lunch after the third day on a
ketogenic diet. For those first days, you might have something like jumbo
prawns simmered in butter with just a little squeeze of lemon for flavor, a
green leafy salad with avocado and a liberal topping of sugar free
mayonnaise. It really is a matter of personal taste and availability. I live
in a coastal village on Vancouver Island so food that is easy for me to
access might be difficult for you, and vice versa.

I don't know where you are located and there are so many different names for
bacon that it is difficult to tailor my answers to fit your situation.
Side bacon is long, narrow strips of bacon that are more fat than lean meat.

A rasher is just a slice. So a rasher of side bacon is a slice of bacon that
is more fat than lean. I usually have 6 slices of bacon and two eggs but the
portion size will vary according to your size and appetite. I'm not very
big. I am 5'8" tall and weigh about 165 pounds. At one time, I weighed about
185 and shortly before I was diagnosed with celiac disease I weighed about
135 pounds. An ideal weight for me is about 160 so I could use to lose about
5 more pounds and plan to do so early in the new year. The closer I am to my
ideal weight, the tougher I find it is to lose the weight. I have hovered
between 165 and 170 for the past year or so and I have decided that I will
get down to 160 and stay there.  I don't like feeling this heavy.

I hope that answers all of your questions.

Best Wishes,
Ron