From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 03:48:44 -0500
A zero-carb diet means eating only animal foods. So that woud mean meats, organ-meats and eggs. Some zero-carbers also include dairy products with that.

And, yes, plenty of people follow a raw meat diet, including several celebrities like Mel Gibson, Uma Thurman etc.

Here's some info re a raw meat diet:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

One of the main reasons why eating raw diets is more likely to weight-loss is that raw foods contain higher levels of nutrients than cooked foods, so one doesn't need to eat as much as before to get enough nutrients each day.

As regards chicken or or pork, it all depends. If either the chicken or the pig was fed on a mainly grain-filled diet then the meat will be very unhealthy and should be avoided like the plague, whether it is raw or cooked. If the chicken or pig was pastured(ie fed on grass/insects/worms etc.) then it would be very healthy to eat raw.

I and many others, incidentally, have eaten raw wild game etc. for many years without incident. There is a lot of hysteria in the media about food-poisoning(I recall Edwina Currie's moronic remarks about salmonella in the 1980s for example), but it's all hogwash.

Geoff

thanks for your reply,

Robin