From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2010 05:31:48 -0700
I find the longer I'm doing strict Paleo eating, (on and off for 8 years), the
more I instinctually crave fat over protein, hands down.  Sometimes I look down
at my breakfast plate of 2-3 ounces of sauteed pork belly,  two eggs sauteed in
coconut oil or pork fat, and some greens drizzled with olive oil, and I wonder
if I'm playing roulette with a loaded gun... LOL.  I find myself telling the
butcher to keep 2 inches of fat rind on the pork chops, and I can sit and devour
lamb fat like candy. My family knows the drill:  pass me the leftover fat that
that's left over on their plate!  Almond butter slathered on berries is my only
vice... okay, maybe the occassional unsweetened cacao powder mixed in to the
almond butter.....:). Other than being 10 lbs over my pre Paleo weight,  which
was a bit on the skinny side, I don't have any complaints with how its going.
I'm able to stay nice and warm in the winter!  I'll try to get a blood
cholesterol reading soon and will report back to the group.

Batsheva

Jan Kwasniewski writes:
How is success defined? Longevity? Reduced morbidity? Increased well-being?

 It's basically a low carb
diet that contains less protein than Atkins and 70%+ fat.  .  But
the only way to sustain 70%+  fat while also restricting protein is by
eating added pure fat such as cream, butter or lard -- oil etc.