From:
Amy Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:33:21 -0400

Some really great stuff here.  Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions!

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2008/08/end-of-summer-picnic-recipes.h
tml

~

We just had our "indoor" picnic yesterday.  Our support group provides the
hot dogs, and members bring a few Forman Grills to heat the dogs.  The rest
is a cover dish.  One member brought a rice salad, one a potato salad, I
brought my Mixed Bean salad (recipe below).  Quite a few people brought
deserts.  JoSeph's donated some cookies for our group to try, so the member
that co-ordinated that, brought them for the picnic.

Mixed Bean Salad

One can each yellow beans, green beans, chick peas and kidney beans. Drain
juice from all beans. Add one large onion, diced, and one quarter cup green
(or red/yellow/orange) sweet pepper. Pour dressing mix over beans and chill
in refrigerator.

Dressing: Mix together one half cup sugar, two-thirds cup vinegar (cider),
one-third cup salad oil, one teaspoon salt, one quarter teaspoon ground
pepper. I blend in blender.

I usually make a double batch.  Best if left in refrigerator for a couple of
days before serving.

(from "Famous Pennsylvania Dutch Foods, featuring Good n' Plenty Restaurant
Recipes")

~

We grill polenta (comes in tubes, just  a little olive oil), and an
assortment of veggies: zucchini, red peppers, eggplant, portabello

mushrooms.   I also marinate tofu slices in a wheat free tamari,

garlic, ginger, a touch of agave--my version of Teriyaki sauce, and then
grill.  All of this can be grilled at home and then taken to the picnic
already cooked if you prefer.  Also easy is to whip up a hummus or black
bean dip.

(I try to eat vegetarian both for the environment and for my health).

~

BBQ of any kind, potato salad, baked beans, green salad, fresh fruit and
homemade ice cream.  I have recipes or gf ingredients for all of these.
(This comes with 15 years of experience.)

~

http://celiacfamily.com/menu-plan-may-17-picnic-foods/

~

I love summer and the grill!  Besides hamburgers and hotdogs (which I eat
off a bun most often), I like meat (chicken or steak pieces usually) grilled
on a stick with veggies in-between.  Corn can be soaked right in the husk
for about 30 minutes, and then placed on the grill and cooked there.

~

My daughter and I roll ham and cheese together.

We wrap ham, cheese, (ham sandwiches) in a leaf of lettuce.

We fix fruit plates with the Philly dip (philly cheese and marshmellow creme
and whip creamy).

~

Schar's Annellina little ring noodles make an excellent pasta salad, potato
salad is good, deviled eggs, sandwiches with Udi bread or Katz large challah
rolls for burgers or sloppy joe. Cupcakes or rice krispy (with Erewhon rice
krispies) bars or cookies or jello - list is endless.

Amy Jones, M.S., R.D., L.D.

Chief Clinical Dietitian and Celiac Support Group Faciliator

Mary Rutan Hospital

Bellefontaine, OH 43311

(937)651-6428

www.logancountyceliac.org

we are a CDF Connections Support Group.  Join us on Facebook!

*******
*******