VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ana Garza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ana Garza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:05:59 -0700
so the short answer to my original question is that OnMouseOvers still tend
not to work with Jaws, probably because of coding issues on the individual
web sites. That answer is fine, and I have no particular complaint against
Jaws, which I like.

What's interesting to me about this thread is that very few of the people
who replied to my post actually mentioned whether the OnMouseOver tends to
work for them or not. I think that saying a feature works inconsistently is
very different from saying that the screen reader or the company that
develops it is bad. a plain discussion about how well a product handles in
the trenches helps other users get a realistic sense of what to expect, and
it gives the company professionals on this list an idea of what things to
consider for future releases. For example, if the OnMouseOver often doesn't
work because of miscoding, they can check into some of the coding patterns
that lead to nonresponsiveness in order to incorporate some into the
OnMouseOver feature. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how possible that
is.

My point is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with describing real
problems.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]