From:
"David R. Basden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:13:34 -0700
As I mentioned earlier, I was living on an air force base near
Fairbanks when my ticket came along.  On 80 meters there were a few
widely scattered KL7's on plus an occasional VE8.  Below those strong
signals from one edge of the band to the other was a sea of weak
stations from the U.S.  It was a lot of fun being a DX station for
all those novices!  Today on 80 it's hard to find a CW QSO.

73,

Dave, W7OQ