C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cindy Mallory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2009 13:19:29 EDT
Kyle,
That sounds like a real pain! My son does have mild speech issues so he may
 be difficult to understand on occasion so I'm wondering what they will
attach to  his license. Thanks for the story! Something to pray about! I'm
certain my son  will need adaptations to drive such as hand controls. Initially,
I was going to  try OVR because of the high cost of driving lessons  (the
student needs to  get some many hours to get a license now and the car can't
get adapted without  orders from someone so you need to go with a driving
lesson place that has an  adapted car for your child to practice on) After
talking to OVR (I was very  disappointed because I estimated the cost at about
$10,000), I found out they  don't get involved until the person is out of
high school  (my son has 1  more year) and they charge by your income. I asked
for their scale rate and it  was high. And they thought this was an annual
charge for each year they  provided services.
Cindy

In a message dated 5/19/2009 9:09:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,