From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 2009 10:07:50 -0700
Hi, all.

Just a heads up here;

I may or may not make it to our 20-meter test tomorrow afternoon at 2000 Z.

As I think some of you know, I purchased an Ameritron AL811H amplifier
recently, but it arrived damaged in shipping early this week.  I'm going to
have a local ham who is very experienced with this sort of thing come over
and take a look at things sometime tomorrow.  If he can come at test time, I
obviously am going to have to foregoe the test so he can work with me on the
amp.

Just to quell anyone's curiosity, the damage was done to the tubes in the
amp.  The tubes were left in the amp, and were broken in shipping.  I think
they simply  got jiggled in the shipping process.  Fortunately, the guy I
bought the amp from threw in an extra set of tubes, which had been shipped
separately.  So, there is a chance we can get the thing on the air tomorrow,
but I don't want to guarantee anything.

Will let everyone know.

73, and thanks for bearing with me here.

Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ