Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 22:20:49 -0500
Kenneth Anderson wrote:
> Here is the latest on Dietary Acid/Base Balance being Crucial from Dr.
> Cordain's newsletter:
>
> "The Paleo Diet concept lies in its ability to simply uncover a
> pre-existing diet – a universal diet and dietary characteristics
> consumed by all humans until very recent times. The notion that omega
> 3 fatty acids promote health (as demonstrated in the scientific
> literature) is quite recent – as recent as the past 30 years. The
> notion that high protein diets may prevent disease and promote health
> and well being is newer still. Further, the recognition that dietary
> acid/base balance has anything to do with optimal health is barely in
> its infancy.

Lots of us tried to regain health by tweaking acid/base balance; it did
not work.
He drags in that tired old evolution stuff, calls it a template (a
template is fixed - it does not change in time/evolve), then ignores it.
Those who eat raw zero carb report acid piss and increased bone
density/stronger teeth.

He carefully does not tell us where our paleolithic ancestors got these
fruits and vegetables.

Same old Cordain.

William