Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:19:08 -0500
Marilyn Harris wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I just received some pemmican from a guy who makes it in Toronto. He's
> sent me 3 samples and I have opened the first tonight. It a plain one
> made from 2 parts beef jerky to 1 tallow.

The master pemmican maker Lex Rooker always made it of equal parts by
weight - this to control his blood sugar. Recently he found that his A1c
(?) was too high, so he increased the proportion of fat to 80% by calories.
Of course, he and others must eat so much fat because they are on a zero
carb or vlc diet.

William