From:
"Paul%20A.%20Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 05:18:39 +0000
Greetings--

Bob's suggestions are all good, however; be sure that your RAM is being provided with appropriate voltage. I have assembled several computers, and on two of them (with ASUS motherboards, by the way),

the default voltage for the system memory was only 1.7 volts. When I looked up the specs for the RAM I was using, I found that the voltage range was between 1.9 and 2.2 volts. Fortunately, I was able to adjust the RAM voltage in the CMOS setup area. (I had been getting BSODs intermittently for some time before I stumbled across this problem.) Once the voltage was reset to a level within the specified range, I no longer received the BSODs. You might want to check this.

Sincerely,

Paul A. Shippert