Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:09:25 -0500

First, thanks to all of you who rushed to my aid - one person responded
within minutes! (Thanks, Mike...) Tamiflu is GF, but no one seems to know
about Relinza. My PCP called in a prescription for Tamiflu so that I didn't
need to go to the ER and expose others. The drug worked well for me, but I
took the first dose within 10 hours of my first symptoms. The side effects
listed for the drug were mild to moderate nausea and vomiting. I took it
with meals and didn't experience any nausea or vomiting, but did become
constipated. I would not have taken Tamiflu if I had not had a hemathorax
(collapsed lung from blood in my chest) the end of April. The cardiothoracic
surgeon who saw me said that my R lung would never return to normal due to
the scarring a hemathorax causes in immuno compromised patients. The N1H1
virus does tend to stick more tenaciously to the lining of the lungs. I
think most people will get through this virus with the typical rest, lots of
fluids, acetamenophen or ibuprophen for fever and muscle aches.

A few people suggested other remedies, such as the following:
_____
You may want to try taking some acidophilus as it will help your system
fight back (if you aren't already).  Colloidal silver is also very helpful
for getting over the flu faster.  I recently bought a homeopathic remedy
from my local pharmacy (OTC) and it works wonders, it's called
Oscillococcinum by Boiron.  I am also a big believer in Zicam and Airborne
as they have helped me many times over.

Airborne or Coldeeze and "real" chicken soup.

[There was one more home remedy of taking elderberry syrup - I think. I
accidentally deleted that reply, so if the person who made that suggestion
will email me again, I'll post the correct information...]
_____

Thanks, again, for your support, concern and well wishes. I hope everyone
stays well...this is a nasty little bug!  ~~Ayn in Alabama