From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:04:23 -0500
Thanx for the info. I'm running with sp2 and the MS fix requires sp3.
Maybe I can get a friend with a high speed connection to download sp3
for me since I'm on a free slow dial-up and am limited to 10 hours a
month!

Something else I neglected to mention is that my hard drive activity
light now stays on all the time yet, my "What's Running" program and a
control/alt/del check of activity shows normal (no excessive cpu
usage) I don't know if it's related to my drive problem

Phil

On 3/13/11, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> The CD Filter fix from MS often solves this problem.
> http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us
>
> If the unthinkable occurs and you have to reinstall the game, you'll
> almost certainly find a folder called "Saved Games" or something similar
> that you can copy and restore.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com