From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2011 01:42:13 -0500
Greetings,
 Ever since installing Tomb Raider 2 game I've been having a peculiar
problem. When I shut down then re-boot, The DVD drive doesn't show up
in My Computer but there is an empty space where it should be. When it
first happened I suspected my DVD drive was going bad so I installed
another DVD drive I had and the same thing happens. If I go to Control
Panel/Add Hardware and choose my drive from the list, it says drive is
operating properly and then shows up in My Computer as it should.
 Unfortunately, when I removed a virus several months ago I had to
turn off system restore and never turned it back on.
 I'm not sure the problem's related to the installation of Tomb Raider
but I can't think of any other changes I've made since it began other
than temporarily using a new usb "flash" drive. Also, the game was an
older version released for windows 95, 98 and maybe 2000 and some of
the "video" segments don't play properly. I bought it cheap from a Big
Lots store and have had problems with a couple of other games I've
purchased there such as faulty installation discs.

 Running xp home sp2

Any thoughts on how I can cure the problem without having to remove
the game (and all the saved progress I've made)?

 -Phil-