From:
"g.Computer9f" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 14:18:50 -0400
I tried choosing "add" on the unpopulated drive window that came up after right-clicking on of my drives in the Disk Management window.  Apparently you have to click "add" before the drive letter appears in the window for that drive.  I don't remember having to do that before.

Also strange, is that for every drive, except my DVD writer, it asks what letter I want to assign (H is the next letter) without saying anywhere what the current letter is for that drive.  Except for the DVD drive - that one alone behaves as I remember, showing the current letter and asking if I want to change it.

Anyone with XP, if you go to Disk Management, do you see drive letters beside the drive name?  If you right-click a drive name and choose "Change drive letters/paths" what happens - what do you see?

Thank you,
AnnaSummers

Answer for Hugh:
I have a lot of things set up on my PC, within (and outside of) applications (including backup from/to profiles), that use hard defined paths to access my different drives, so I need the lettering to stay consistent, even if I switch boot drives.  TweakIU is a Microsoft "toy" isn't it?