From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 23:28:00 -0500
Actually, 100 watts to 500 watts is about 7 dB.  But, anyway, it seems like
we have set up a straw man argument here.  It isn't a choice between more
antenna and more power--if you really want to run with the big guns, it is
both.

For those who are concerned about interference, I'm with you.  I have a
neighbor's house a mere 40 feet away from the shack, so probably even 100
watts is risky, though they have never complained.  I've decided in such a
densely populated neighborhood, running power levels above 100 watts just
doesn't make sense.  In my old QTH out in the countryside, I wouldn't have
thought twice about it.

73, de Lou K2LKK